Monday, April 22, 2013

A New Soma Analog for a Lucky 12 Year Old Mountain Biker

From Troy in Glenwood Springs CO

"Here are a few pics of the new 15" Analog I built for my 12 year old. I still need to find the right saddle for him and eventually I might build him some lighter wheels, but it's pretty sweet as is. Build is a collection of mostly new parts I had around the shop: FSA Orbit DL headset, Dimension stem, Race Face Ride riser bar, Shimano Deore 2 X 9 speed drivetrain, BB7 disc brakes, FSA seatpost, WTB grips, and Vuelta Zero Lite wheelset. The Manitou Axel fork, Conti tires, Avid brake levers, and Fi'zi:k saddle were used.  

For the dollars involved this is a much nicer bike than anything I could have bought for him complete from one of my vendors. And the finish quality of the frame is such that it could easily be a much nicer bike with a high end build kit."

Happy Cycling!

Troy Tritschler
Defiance Cyclery



No comments: